Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A new way to emboss

Well, I got my 5 day weekend, boss gave me the Friday after Thanksgiving off, but I didn't get much done.   Nothing worth taking pictures of.   

I did however get an early Christmas present.  My dad bought me a flat screen TV for my craft room!!     I did a little online shopping on Friday and Saturday.   Then tired to buy a few things on Cyber Monday, but that didn't work, so went to Best Buy with dad to get his new TV and mine.  

Before the holidays I did get this card made.   I had seen a YouTube tutorial on embossing cardstock and leaving part of it blank (not embossed).    After finding a wooden mat on clearance at a scrapbook store, I played around with it.   This is how it turned out.  The paper is Georgia Pacific, so not very thick, otherwise I think the embossing would show more.   The stamp is by TAC, it was a special for October.  It is part of the mini-me set that goes with Wonder and Joy.   You can check out The Angel Company here.  The blue and purple cardstock is Bazzill and the ribbon is from either Wal-Mart or Michaels.