Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Operation Write Home cards

I love to make cards and I love to share cards.   I made some kid birthday cards recently that will be shipped out through a great organization called, Operation Write Home (see their button to the right).   You send cards to our troops servicing over seas, so they can write in and mail cards back home.   What a great way for families to stay in touch during this time apart.

Here are the cards I made.   Both the fish and frog were made on the Cricut using the Create-a-Critter cartridge.  The fish was cut at 3" and the frog at 3.5".  The paper used to make them was from Hobby Lobby.   The patterned paper is from TAC, from their boy and girl 8x8 paper packets.  (The girl one is called Kaleidoscope Girlz, I thought the boy one was current also, but didn't see it online.)