Friday, April 30, 2010

Birthday card with metal

I had been eyeing the diamond plate Cuttlebug embossing folder since it came out, but until I met Heidi at Christine's April card workshop, I didn't know what to do with it.  Heidi was telling about this thin aluminum she got at Hobby Lobby that she embossed with the Cuttlebug.   I had to check it out and after some searching in the store (well okay, I wasn't searching, I wander the store every time I go, just to look at everything!!) I found the metal she was talking about.   It is in the unfinished wood section, in a roll sold by K & S Metal.    I had some difficulties cutting it with my paper trimmer, but was able to get my desired pieces with a ruler, pen, and scissor.  I love the look it has after embossing.  I can't wait to make more fun things with it.  Thanks again Heidi!!!!!!!


Someone on SplitcoastStampers gave me the sentiment suggestion.