Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A few Cards

I love weekends where I get a lot done.  Got several cards done, comforted my mom when she had to throw away some stuffed bears that had been damaged in storage, and even picked up a friend at the airport.   Weekends are my favorite days of the week.  :o)

This first card is for the handyman or woman.  The stamp set is by Hanna stamps, purchased at a scrapbook store in Charles City, Iowa.  (You should see their collection of Cricut cartridges!)  The diamond plating on top is very thin metal that was embossed with the diamond plate folder by Cuttlebug.  The screw is a brad, and the washers are real washers from the hardware store.  After many tries, finally used glue dots cut down to adhere them to the card. 




This card was created with a digital stamp from The Stamping Boutique.  The head and antlers are pop dotted, and yes it was a lot of work.  But worth it.  He is so cute.   I love my Copic markers.  I'm getting quite a collection now (thanks to a certain someone!!). 





Since I love Copic markers so much, I had to color another digital stamp.   This little hedgehog is by Dustin Pike, his blog is here.   After making this card I got hungry for s'mores.  But since I don't camp or things like that, I don't have a chance to make any.  (Making them in the microwave just isn't the same.)    To those to camp, have a s'more or 2 for me.  :o)




Another card colored with Copic markers.  Since I have more than 11 now, I can really get into coloring.  This digital stamp is a freebie by Beccy.  Here is her blog.  Yes, that is a real penny on there.  Cheap embellishment, don't you think?  LOL





And one last card.  I love my 3 day weekends.  My mom gave me the idea for this card.  The stamp is Four Seasons by Close to My Heart, found here.   The paper is part of the Creative Basics paper packet by Close to My Heart, called Veranda (in the Spring Catalog).   The tag on the front was cut out by my Cricut with the George font.  And I used 2 seperate pieces of satin ribbon.